We're building a culture at Olthof Homes where amazing people, like you, can do their best work. Let's grow together.
At Olthof Homes, our advantage is our people. Enjoy a career where you can accomplish big goals alongside fun, intelligent and creative people!
We’re looking for people to join our tight-knit group of colleagues throughout Indiana who believe in our service-first Mission, Vision and Core Values.
If you own your position on the team, have integrity when no one is watching, and believe in balancing your work life with having fun & giving back, then Olthof Homes is the place for you.
Our mission is to inspire better living by building better homes and communities.
Our vision is through teamwork, relationship, creativity, discipline, excellence and integrity, achieve growth that places us among the top 50 homebuilders in the U.S., by building better homes and creating an exceptional home buying experience.
• Company Cookouts
• Baseball Games
• Paid Service Projects
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays Off
• 401K Contribution Match
"Olthof Homes has a culture of grace and humble service. Employees are known personally and respected as individuals whose opinions carry value, not just viewed as a number. Management is dedicated to providing professional development to staff while community is built through various events."
Responsible for overseeing construction of new homes and their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Duties, Responsibilities & Expectations:
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversee and direct new home construction from conception to completion
• Directly manages all aspects of building homes in the field
• Produce a quality home on budget and on time
• Resolve problems in the field with subcontractors
• Post selections in field
• Schedule the arrival of trade partners on jobsite
• Coordinate material delivery
• Meet each morning with laborers and give direction for days work
• Conduct job start meeting with trade partners at start of project
• Fill out quality checklist for each home
• Keep jobsites clean
• Work towards zero punch list at closing
• Conduct frame tours with buyers
• Monitor weekly schedule ensuring trades are working on schedule
• Review and approve for payment purchase orders for completed work on a monthly basis
• Ensure that any additional work or material not in scope of work is put on a variance purchase order
• Survey trade partners quarterly for performance reviews
Minimum Education, Experience & Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, or related area of study
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products helpful
• Knowledge about new home construction is an advantage, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Additional Attributes Desired:
• Self-starter, leadership skills, excellent time and project management skills, ability to plan and see the “big picture”
Our Sales Team is ready to help. If you're ready for more information, let us know!