At Olthof Homes, a premier Indiana new home construction firm we believe that with the right people our possibilities are endless. To find your fit at Olthof Homes please explore our job opportunities.
Description:Olthof Homes established its reputation as a leader in home building excellence. In over 20 communities throughout Northwest and Central Indiana and Joliet, Illinois, the privately owned and operated family business continues to set the new home building industry pace by creating exceptional new construction homes with the utmost quality, anticipating customer needs and providing customers with a new home buying experience. Olthof Homes has an opportunity for a Land Acquisition Specialist to join our team. To apply for this position, submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Land Acquisition Specialist Job Summary: Responsible for identifying and acquiring suitable raw land and finished lots in the Northwest Indiana area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct general market research for area market including employment statistics, demographics, sales volumes and data for competitors and their communities
- Maintain and update information on area land closings
- Generate acquisition opportunities by developing relationships with a network of brokers, developers, and landowners
- Identify acquisition opportunities that meet corporate requirements and maintain a database of relevant information
- Negotiate and secure letters of intent and purchase agreements for land and finished lots
- Assist with property due diligence
- Assist with the preparation of underwriting packages for submittal to management
- Assist with land closings
- Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: comprehensive group health insurance, company paid life insurance, company vehicle, cell phone allowance, generous paid vacation/personal time off, paid holidays, discretionary annual performance bonus and Simple IRA retirement plan with company match.
Requirements: Minimum education, experience & knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, or related area of study
- 5-years’ experience in residential construction, single or multi-family land acquisitions
- Experience in land acquisitions, planning and development helpful
- Basic computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite of products helpful, including smart phone and tablet
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving history
Date Posted: 2018-06-28